Welcome back to my Magento 2 tutorial. Today, I am going to show everybody the best practice.
How to Magento 2.4 installation, and what’s new in Magento 2.4 which makes Magento robust and faster.
Before going to the installation we will talk regarding what update and new in Magento
Important points that get updated in Magento 2.4 which make Magento more robust and fast, helps in easy to handle.
And also earn more money due to this updated feature.
Magento 2.4 features
Magento 2.4 release includes some of the security fixes and security improvements for platform.
No affirmed assaults identified with these issues have happened to date.
In any case, certain weaknesses can conceivably be misused to get to client data or assume control over overseer meetings.
The greater part of these issues necessitates that an assailant initially gets access to the Admin.
Thus, we remind you to find a way to secure your Admin, including however not constrained to these endeavors:
IP allows listing, two-factor authentication, utilization of a VPN.
The utilization of a unique location as opposed to /administrator, and good password hygiene.
Additional security enhancements
- Implementation of 2FA for Admin accounts, Magento.com user accounts, and Cloud SSH access
- The template filter strict mode is now enabled by default.
- Data rendering for UI data providers is now disabled by default.
- New \Magento\Framework\Escaper class.
- Support for new security.txt file.
Platform upgrades : Magento 2.4 Installation
The following platform upgrades help enhance website security and performance.
Supported versions of PHP and PHPUnit, Elasticsearch, MySQL, and other dependencies
- PHP 7.4 support introduced and PHP 7.1 and 7.2 deprecated.
- Support for PHPUnit 9.x and deprecation of PHPUnit 6.5.
- Elasticsearch 7.6.x support.
- MySQL 8.0 support.
- Removal of the MySQL catalog search engine.
- MariaDB 10.4 support.
- Migration of dependencies on Zend Framework
- Removal of the core integration of the Signifyd fraud protection code.
- The core Braintree module has been removed from the codebase.
Magento 2.4 release contains enhancements to core quality.
Which improve the quality of the Framework and these modules:
Customer Account, Catalog, CMS, Import, Cart and Checkout, and B2B.
- Removal of core integration of third-party payment methods.
- Support for the partial-word search for Elasticsearch (new default search engine).
- Deprecation and removal of the Web Set-Up Wizard.
- Composer update plugin.
- Seller-assisted shopping.
- Improvements to customer data section invalidation logic.
- Multiple optimizations to Redis performance.
- Improved caching of results of SQL queries to inventory tables.
- Improvement of up to 25-30% to Quick Order add-to-cart performance.
- Merchants can now use lazy loading to load images.
Magento 2.4 New Media Gallery
This replacement for the previous Media Gallery offers another, accessible interface for Magento media resources.
Heads would now be able to look, channel and sort pictures up to 30x quicker
Than they could in the previous rendition of this element.
Vendors can utilize this device to assess retail facade picture utilization.
Expansion engineers ought to know that augmentations that were produced for the Media Gallery
It won’t fill in true to form with the new Media Gallery.
Magento 2.4 GraphQL
It include following point.
|pickupLocations||It is query supports the Inventory In-store pickup feature|
|categories||It is a query returns a list of categories that match a specified filter.|
|reorderItems||It is mutation allows a logged-in user to add all the products from a previous order into their cart|
Vendor-developed extension enhancements
Magento Marketplace extension vendors should confirm that their extensions are compatible with PHP 7.4
When publishing a new version of their extension for Magento 2.4.
- Amazon Pay
- Braintree Payments
If you are new and want know more about Magento 2, check with below link book which is a step-by-step instructional guide to get you started easily with Magento 2 and teach you to manage and build World-Class online stores.
Now move toward the installation part of Magento
2.4 installation using composer or Magento 2.4 install or Magento
2.4 installation using composer xampp
To Download xampp as per requirement Magento 2.4 please click the above link to DOWNLOAD XAMPP
Step 1: Check with Installation of composer
- Run the following command to check if the composer has already been installed:
composer --helpcomposer list --help
- If nothing displays or you face any errors, please install Composer:
Step 2: Download Magento 2.4
Run the following command in the root directory.
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition:2.4 <installed-directory-name>
Eg : composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition=2.4 magento24/
Step 3: Create The Database
Create an empty database to work with MySQL in case you have already have correct permissions:
echo "CREATE DATABASE magento2" | mysql -u[mysqluser] -p
OR directly add database name to phpMyadmin.
Step 4: Install Magento 2.4
Run the following lines in Command Line to install your Magento 2:
php bin/magento setup:install
Eg : php bin/magento setup:install --base-url="http://localhost/magento24" --db-host="localhost" --db-name="magento24" --db-user="root" --db-password="" --admin-firstname="admin" --admin-lastname="admin" --admin-email="[email protected]" --admin-user="admin" --admin-password="admin123" --use-rewrites="1" --backend-frontname="admin"
Step 5 : Test and see the result
Run the command lines following:
php bin/magento indexer:reindexphp bin/magento setup:upgradephp bin/magento setup:static-content:deployphp bin/magento cache:flush
After Execution of this command, please open below link in browser and check with the result of installation.
I hope you liked my this article. If you have any queries or any question regarding this, Feel free to comment on Me.